Thursday, June 28, 2012

I may already be sorry that I started this! It is midnight in DC (only 9 at home), and I am exhausted. Samantha Shaffer spent the evening with us. Dee and I made it to Constitution Hall around 11 a.m. We found a new bus to take - but it stops running at 10, so we missed it and were back to plan A! Anyway, Dee wanted to do research in the wonderful DAR library, I wanted to shop and we both wanted to eat lunch, so we were successful in those endeavors! The All American DAR chorus performed our 3 pieces at the evening session, so I was glad Sam was able to join us. It was lots of fun and people seemed to enjoy the evening. Jan Cousteau, the wife of Jacque's son, Phillipe, who was killed several years ago, was one of the honorees. Sam came back to the hotel with us and we had a nice conversation while sitting outside in the courtyard near the pool. We put her in a taxi back to her car for her drive back to Baltimore.

PS I appreciated the comments I got - I am not sure what you need to do to make a comment. Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment