Sunday, August 25, 2013

We're home!



We got home last Tuesday, August 20. It only takes about two hours to drive from Bakersfield and once we got started we didn’t stop! It was nice and cool when we got home – what a treat! My brother thought I mentioned the heat too much in my last blog – but that’s the way it was!

Anyway, since I have no travel news for our last day, I thought I would just share some general impressions before I say good bye until our next trip.



Some vacation impressions:

I have been surprised that fewer people seem to be speeding. Most of the speed limits have been less than 65 mph and people seem to be staying at that speed. We no longer have everyone on the freeway passing us!

It was so cold and foggy during our trip up the coast. Then, as soon as we turned inland the weather started getting warmer. Now that we are in the central areas, it is quite hot!

I love the fact that so many towns are interested in their history and are preserving their historical buildings. They are even preserving family businesses, so people are staying in their communities.

Almost every Walmart has a “No Overnight RV Parking” sign, but they say they do not enforce it. Are they trying to reverse their camper friendly policy?

There have been so many different kinds of wild flowers along the road. I wish I knew all the names. I picked some and have them in a bottle on the dashboard. They are so pretty.

I was surprised that Oregon has no sales tax. I had also forgotten that the gas stations are not self service – they all have attendants.

A lot of cities have pay stations for the parking. You can put your money or credit card in the machine and get a ticket with the amount of time you have paid for. Then you can move your car and use the time in another spot if you want!

We are leaving for Norway next week - so, I think I will be writing a blog during that trip. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment