Sunday, June 29, 2014

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - Congress is almost over!

The convention is drawing to a close! So far we have not attended any of the business sessions, but we did go to vote today. There were 8 candidates for 7 offices. Unfortunately, the lady from California did not win. I have a feeling that people are worried that California is too big and they don’t want us have too much power!

We attended some of the evening sessions. I have not been feeling well (my cold has settled into my ears and sinuses), so, I did miss the opening session. I managed to go to the All American DAR Chorus rehearsals and we performed at the Thursday night session. I sang alto and Tica (from St. Monica’s) also was singing, so it was like old times! We had fun, even though I couldn’t really sing.
On Friday we went to the Patriotism Luncheon. It was at the convention hotel, the Grand Hyatt, so Holly and I had an adventure getting there on the bus (remember that, Dee).


It is hard for me to express how important patriotism is to this group! We have done a lot to respect and thank our veterans. Tonight’s program was on National Defense. We heard from a woman admiral and a retired general. Then they gave awards to several military and to veteran’s volunteers. It was a very inspirational evening.

For those who are DAR members, you can follow the progress of the convention by looking at your member's Web site. They are putting the Congress Herald (daily newsletter) online!

No comments:

Post a Comment