Sunday, July 9, 2017

The week end in New York City

Well, here it is Sunday, July 9 and we have one day left in New York. I have not felt well all week end, so our activities have been minimal!

On Saturday we met Hildie for lunch at Benares, an Indian buffet which has very good food. Then we went to see the play “Oslo” at the Vivian Beaumont Theater in Lincoln Center. This is a very dense play about negotiations between the Palestinians and Israelis brokered by the Norwegians in the early 1990’s. It was very well acted and they attempted to insert humor into the tension among all of the players. It would have been better to study up on the situation before going because a lot of the dialogue was lost to me! It was nice being together, anyway!
Suzanne at Lincoln Center

On Sunday I went to mass at St. Paul the Apostle Church which is just a couple of blocks from here. I expected a good choir, but it was just a cantor. Oh, well, it felt good to be in church!

We also visited a couple of flea markets this week end. After visiting the Cooper-Hewitt, I had a new appreciation for old iron and pottery. However, I decided I didn’t want to take heavy stuff home with me, so I just bought some jewelry made out of old stuff!


We are always looking for the best pizza restaurant. We learned today that our favorite deli, Arties, had closed, so we tried the pizza at Big Nicks. So far that is the winner. We also liked Justinos Pizza, but not the pizza at Saccos.

Tonight we took in a concert at Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center. It was a chamber music concert with a terrific clarinetist, strings, and piano. They played Beethoven, Weber, and Schumann - all so beautiful, well worth the price of admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment